Automated tests must be delivered as a software product which can be used (operated) by testers and other team members without special technical skills in programming or automation tools.
Operation requirements for all setup and preparation procedures:
- Must require only general computer skills;
- Must follow a single standard;
- Must use centralized and unified configuration file(s).
- Test Suite could not be used for the purpose it has been created (smoke test, sanity test, etc.).
- Test Suite does not provide required level of coverage.
- Cumulative manual operation time (setup, launch, review of results) is equal or exceeds plain manual testing time for the same coverage level.